Canon printer has made its own launch for photo print app after HP had announced its own iPrint app. Canon easy photo print came in the middle of October 2009 to provide iPhone and iPod touch users with a convenient choice when it comes to wireless printing. Downloading of this print app is made available in November 2009.
The wireless printing option for the iPhone and iPod is available via the three recently launched Canon Pixma printers. These are the Canon Pixma MP640, MP560 and MP990. All these three adapt wireless technologies best suited for the iPhone print app.
More on the Canon easy photo print
With any of the Canon printer types mentioned above, you will be able to print your photos. But, take note that there are also compatible Apple gadgets that must be used in the process. Under the iPhone banner, both the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3Gs may be used for wireless printing. As for the iPod touch, only those with 2.2.1 or the latest operating system versions should be used. Here are other things to take note of for this product.
1. Printing options. With a compatible Canon printer and Apple gadget, you are allowed to print different sizes of photos. The maximum print size is the standard 8 by 11-inch photo paper. In fact, you may print the same photos 20 times in just one press of the special button. Get either a bordered or borderless photo printout.
2. Camera button. The camera button is one of the features incorporated by the Canon easy photo print app. This enables you to take pictures via your Apple gadget then have it printed just right after you have captured the moment.
3. Canon paper. The various Canon paper types are crucial in the photo printing process. Compatible papers include Plain Paper, Photo Paper Pro II, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi Gloss and Photo Paper Pro Platinum.
Three easy steps in the Canon easy photo print app
This print app works in three easy steps starting with the opening of the application to the image selection to photo printing. Here is what you should take note of in each step.
1. Opening of application. All you need is to have the Canon easy photo print app installed via the iTunes app store. Make sure that the LAN connection is enabled in your PIXMA printer. By doing so, the application will do all the tasks including Wi-Fi detection.
2. Image selection. With the aid of the special intuitive technology in iPhones and iPods, you may now select from a thumbnail of images. Before you even send off the image for printing, you are given the chance to view a clearer and larger image version of the photo. This is favorable if you want to make sure that you will not print unnecessary images.
3. Photo printing. Just by simply touching a button, the image will be printed on the compatible Canon Pixma printer.
The Canon easy photo print app is indeed interesting. If you have your iPhones or iPods with you and you own a Canon Pixma MP990, MP560 or MP640, wireless printing will be made easier. Simply download the print application from an iTunes app store.
This Article is written by John C Arkin, contributor of Office Supplies Information & Resources.