Technology had given much convenience to everybody’s lives. This fact is seen in your usage of mobile phones, desktops, laptops and printers. In line with these conveniences though, saving the environment becomes an issue. Reducing carbon footprint becomes necessary. Now, you are also called to do your own steps in making your printer ink environment-friendly.
There are ways for you to save the environment whatever printer ink brand you are using. You may begin by saving your money on printing activities. Lexmark had proposed its very own money-saving tips in consonance with the Earth Day celebration while Xerox introduced its innovation in the ColorQube printer. All printer brands have been making their own share of the load just to make printer ink cartridges eco-friendly.
How to Make Your Printer Ink Environment Friendly
Saving your money is synonymous to saving the environment from harm. You should always buy printers that offer lesser electric consumption. This will make your electricity bills lower than you have expected. Generally, you should also adhere to the following green tips for your ink cartridges.
1. Saving on paper means saving on ink. You should proofread your documents before printing them. This procedure assures you that you will get the desired output from your first print. Therefore, you never have to reprint again. Additionally, Lexmark wants you to download its very own Web Toolbar. The toolbar works for all printer brands and contains features that prevent printing of unwanted pages.
2. Recycle your printer ink cartridges. You must have heard this requirement several times. You save money when you recycle your printer ink. Refilling is cheaper than buying new ink cartridges. Online venues are willing to accept your cartridges for refill. By doing so, you help reduce the waste that harms the environment.
3. Know how to set your printing options. You may opt for high quality printing or fast draft. Printing in draft mode is better especially if your document basically contains text formats. It is also best if your printer has a two-sided feature. With this, you will be able to print on both sides of the paper all at the same time. This saves you time and money as you save in printer ink consumption as well.
4. Print only what you need. You know that there are online means to present your ideas. This definitely eliminates the need to print all the documents that you have on hand. In this case, you save both on printer ink and paper.
5. Invest on an eco-friendly printer. If you browse pages selling various printer brands, make sure you read the specifications of each product. There is one model under each brand that offers lots of savings for printer ink cartridges. An example is Xerox’s new model known as the ColorQube. This model follows the company’s proven solid ink color printing technology. Despite getting the highest quality in your prints, you are assured to reduce 90% wastage on your printer ink cartridges. This is also said to be better than the typical laser printers you know of.
You may use printers at home or in your offices. These are considered wise investments especially if you exhaust all money-saving opportunities offered to you by each product brand. Make sure that you always consider saving the environment no matter what type of printer ink you own.
This Article is written by John C Arkin, contributor of Office Supplies Information & Resources.